From Eric SCHAEFFER <ESCHAEF...@Techmetrix.net>
Subject RE: FopImage interface - proposal
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:52:03 GMT

The problem is that or you write yourself all the code to read the image
data, or you use other APIs (Java native Gif/JPEG, Jimi, JAI, ...). These
APIs doesn't permit to retreve partial image data.
And I'm leazy... Thus I prefer to use other APIs.

> I'd like to write code to allow importing embedded PDF
> figures like pdftex
> and dvipdfm can do.  Would that go through this interface also?

If that's just raster images, yes of course. If it's more a kind of vector
format, I'm not sure.
There's an SVG class in the image package, but it breaks the package logic.
I think it should be put elsewhere, but I don't know where.

> Cheers,
> -Peter S. Housel-   housel@acm.org   http://members.home.com/housel/

Cordialement,
Eric SCHAEFFER

Consultant TechMetrix Research
http://www.techmetrix.net
Groupe SQLi
http://www.sqli.com
Créateurs de sites intelligents depuis 1995

FOP, the first XSL:FO processor
http://xml.apache.org/fop/