From Eric SCHAEFFER <ESCHAEF...@Techmetrix.net>
Subject RE: Scaling of images
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:39:29 GMT

You say that the image shouldn't be scaled. Ok, but what is the image size
(in the example, no size attributes were given for the fo:external-graphic)
?
That was a problem discussed some time ago : what is the conversion between
pixels and document units ?

I agree that the image classes should handle image clipping. I will think
about it...

Eric.

> > Suggestion: If it is expected then is it sensible to print a
> > warning message if the image is not rendered? (I note that if I
> > have a leader which is too long to fit in a table cell then I get
> > a warning message telling me it is being truncated.)
>
> It sets "auto" for overflow to the value "error-if-overflow";
> maybe we
> should handle this uniformly in Fop and document it. But I have to
> admit: clipping a leader is much easier than a image.
>
> Fotis

Eric SCHAEFFER
Consultant TechMetrix Research
http://www.techmetrix.net
Groupe SQLi
http://www.sqli.com
Créateurs de sites intelligents depuis 1995