From Rick Tessner <r...@dingle.myra.com>
Subject BUG : <fo:block> & area calculations as a guess ...
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 21:35:14 GMT
Howdy All!

I've been using Norman Walsh's Docbook with Cocoon2 & latest FOP builds,
and I just noticed (don't know exactly when this started happening ...)
that some <fo:block> areas that get moved onto the next page
are just vanishing.

To try to narrow it down, I just took the FO generated via Cocoon2
and the Docbook XSL and then just used FOP on the CommandLine to
generate the PDF. I cleaned up the FO (indentation) and am including
it here as an attachment.

I'm using FOP 0.15, built as of today (December 1st) running under
Solaris 2.6 with SUN's JDK 1.2.2.

What's happening with the generated PDF is that the header that
should be appearing on top of page 2 (the header in question in the
FO attachment is "2. THIS HEADING DON'T SHOW UP!") doesn't.

I've been seeing a lot of discussion lately on area calculations etc having
to do with table cells, images etc. and I'm wondering if something done
in that vein has had some impact other calculations as well ....