From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Page and Column Breaks
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 05:54:03 GMT

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> Line breaks I'm not personally going to look at any time soon, most likely.
> After the next release, which I am planning to do on Friday Dec 29th, I will
> quickly look at keeps touchup, and then it's footnotes, which I am anxious to
> do. :-)

I have implemented some footnotes. I'm still considering how best to
handle some of the things.
The basic concepts are:

- have a footnote element, this simply does a layout of the contained
inline part to the current area.

- the footnote body simply holds the block(s) of the footnote text.

- since the current line being added to the layout is not yet added then
add the footnote body to the block area so that it can add the pending
footnotes to the footnote area after it adds the current line.

- if a footnote does not fit on the current page then add the footnote
to the pending footnotes for the page

- the page sequence then transfers pending footnotes to the next page it
creates, the new page immediately adds the pending footnotes.

I'm not sure if I am doing some things the right way and it gets a bit
confusing trying to organise the max heights of the various areas (added
or not added etc.)

I have attached the files I have changed for footnotes so far.
Have a look and see what you think.

Regards,
Keiron.