From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: SVG rendering engine in AWTRenderer
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:13:53 GMT
It is certainly our plan to use the abilities of Batik to provide the awt
rendering of svg, along with the such things as filters etc.

We are also planning on allowing Batik to be able to render svg->pdf
through the stuff in fop.

As Batik has only recently been released and that they are planning on some
refactoring etc. we don't as yet have a clear picture of how we can
cooperate fop with batik to get the awt rendering etc.

I think it is still a while before we can use batik but that is definitely
the direction we should be heading.