From "Fotis Jannidis" <fotis.janni...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Subject RE: new release fop-0_14_1_jdk11.jar
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 10:14:05 GMT
> Arved
>
> One option is to get column code into a new experimental branch, say within
> 2 weeks, and build an Sun-style "early access" release JAR and put it up on
> the downloads, clearly labelled as experimental. What do folks think?

Mmh, not sure we need this. Fop itself is clearly labelled as
experimental. The discussion about the correct table row
behaviour shows that even the main branch of the code (the
production release ;-) is just a first interpretation of the xsl
specification and may contain the usual bugs *and* cause problems
for people who have another understanding how this feature should
work. At the moment I see no reason, why this should be different
for columns. Just mark the limitations of the new code and throw it
in. It is easier for all to have just one version of Fop to discuss. If
somebody really uses Fop in a production environment then he/she
could always return to the last release before that if you broke
anything else.

vote: 0 (abstention)

Fotis