From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Page and Column Breaks
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2024 13:06:38 GMT
At 03:54 PM 12/27/00 +1000, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>
>> Hi, all
>>
>> Line breaks I'm not personally going to look at any time soon, most likely.
>> After the next release, which I am planning to do on Friday Dec 29th, I
will
>> quickly look at keeps touchup, and then it's footnotes, which I am
anxious to
>> do. :-)
>
>I have implemented some footnotes. I'm still considering how best to
>handle some of the things.
>The basic concepts are:
>
>- have a footnote element, this simply does a layout of the contained
>inline part to the current area.
>
>- the footnote body simply holds the block(s) of the footnote text.
>
>- since the current line being added to the layout is not yet added then
>add the footnote body to the block area so that it can add the pending
>footnotes to the footnote area after it adds the current line.
>
>- if a footnote does not fit on the current page then add the footnote
>to the pending footnotes for the page
>
>- the page sequence then transfers pending footnotes to the next page it
>creates, the new page immediately adds the pending footnotes.
>
>I'm not sure if I am doing some things the right way and it gets a bit
>confusing trying to organise the max heights of the various areas (added
>or not added etc.)
>
>I have attached the files I have changed for footnotes so far.
>Have a look and see what you think.
>
>Regards,
>Keiron.
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\fnotescode.jar"

Hi, Keiron

Perfect. I'll review it and tweak and annotate, and try to get you feedback
quickly. The general approach is in line with the way I would have tackled
it, for sure.

This gives me more time to do keeps in a really thorough way, also.

Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)