From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Page and Column Breaks
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2024 04:08:16 GMT
Hi, all

I'd like to draw your attention to a number of new example files in
docs/examples/keeps_and_breaks. While not yet addressing keeps, these FO
examples cover most of the bases when it comes to page and column context
breaks, including page breaks in multicolumn text, and real column breaks.

These files, and the source changes just committed, represent my best
understanding of XSL-FO breaks. That is not to say that I am 100% correct - if
something seems fishy please let me know.

Line breaks I'm not personally going to look at any time soon, most likely.
After the next release, which I am planning to do on Friday Dec 29th, I will
quickly look at keeps touchup, and then it's footnotes, which I am anxious to
do. :-)

For reference, Flow.java is the linchpin of breaks, keeps, columns and quite a
bit else. It's a good source file to thoroughly understand. (When you do,
please write up a synopsis and send it to me - I need it. :-))

Regards, Arved Sandstrom

--
Reasonably Senior Software Type
e-plicity (www.e-plicity.com)