From "Corinna Hischke" <cori...@infix.de>
Subject Re: TableCell or TableRow Larger than a page( bug fix )
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:19:01 GMT
Hi all,

Karen suggested a solution which is fully spec-aware (as far as I can
tell) and conforms to user expectations as well. I strongly support
that, especially her two-step-approach:

1. Try to satisfy requirements specified by properties.

2. Deliberately give up certain constraints if a sensible solution
   cannot be found otherwise (e.g. splitting content is preferable to
   losing content).

As regards Keiron's argument that complete rows should always appear
on the same page because otherwise we would in effect have two rows: I
don't agree for two reasons.

1. If we applied that argument consistently, we could not split
   anything. Splitting a table would in effect create two tables.
   Splitting a block would in effect create two blocks. I guess this
   is not a 'clear indication of voter intent' ;-).

2. The table row property 'keep-together' would be meaningless.

- Corinna