From Charles Palmer <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject RE: Book recommendations
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:37:54 GMT
I also think this would be a good idea - there seems to be a hole in the market for a more
user-friendly tutorial than the XSL spec. I've found some reasonable sources, but would like
to find some better ones. My contributions:
1	The XSL Companion by Neil Bradley, pub Addison-Wesley ISBN 0 201 67487 4
	This is a book on XSL and XSLT, and has a reasonable chapter on formatting objects, although
I'd like it to be longer. I sense that it is a little out of step with the current fop implementation.
2	A web site: http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/education/transforming-xml/ by "Doug
Tidwell, Cyber Evangelist, developerWorks". Part one is on transforming XML documents into
HTML, part two into SVG and part three into PDF. This gives a number of worked examples, with
source files. However, in my experience there are some errors in some of his sample documents
- for examples XML documents not validating against the associated DTD files. Again, a little
out of step with the current fop implementation.
Regards - Charles Palmer