From Dave Moyses <Da...@MedImpact.com>
Subject RE: SVG problem with FOP 0.15
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:39:03 GMT
Thanks, that helped me clear up MY mistake!

Dave Moyses

-----Original Message-----
From: Keiron Liddle [mailto:keiron@aftexsw.com]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 9:20 PM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: SVG problem with FOP 0.15

Java:
Things that get thrown in java generally come in two catagories
1. Exceptions (class should end with Exception) are problems in the code due
to programming errors, data errors etc. that are generally thrown by code
that can't handle something or for example null pointers, array out of
bounds etc.
2. Errors (usually class ends with Error) these are mostly throwen by the
jvm. Usually when the vm cannot handle something to do with the classes or
resources that has no direct relation to the code. For example out or
memory, no class def found etc.

The error you are getting here (ie. IncompatibleClassChangeError) means the
jvm is trying to call a method that differs from the method that it was
expecting to call at compile time.

In other words you have an different interface in you class path when
running fop rather that the interface that you compiled with.
So check you class path for comile and running.