From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject break-after=page blank
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:16:28 GMT
Is the behavior of break-after="page" correct? I am transforming some input
XML data that needs to be paginated according to the XML data. To accomplish
this I am placing all the XML stuff for a page into an <fo:block> with
break-after="page". This works fine except that I get an extra blank page in
the PDF. Is this the proper behavior? I would have expected that the break
would not have created a new page, just caused the last page to be ended.

(using break-before="page" causes a leading blank page.)

If this is correct behavior, then I guess the stylesheet would need to
somehow figure out if the page is the last one. This is complicated by the
fact that the pages to be produced are determined dynamically, so an XPath
"[last()]" may not work.

If this is not correct. Is anyone working on a fix for this. I have not
pulled down a new CVS in a while - maybe it has been fixed already...?

Thank You,
Art