From "Barry Workman" <bwork...@beol.net>
Subject dynamic page numbering and FOP
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:31:15 GMT
We need to generate a beginning page number dynamically in FOP 0.14. Pages
will be numbered sequentially from day 1 to day 365 of the year.

We will not know the actual final page number of today's run until it is
rendered into PDF. The next page number will then be entered in tomorrows
document.

 We have a Java GUI built that allows a clerk to fill in the blanks and
produce xml frags, so we will generate our
beginning page number each day into a fragment via this mechanism.

My thought is to make this fragment an xsl style sheet  containing
<xsl:variable name="page" select="2002 or whatever">and use xsl:import to
pass this variable into the main style sheet in some fashion to change the
value of <fo:page-sequence master-name="MainContent"
initial-page-number="$page">

my initial run yields an error statement $page is not a valid value for
initial-page-number.

suggestions? thoughts?

Ex  XSL semper aliquid novi-
Barry Workman