From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Whither block-container
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:31:01 GMT
We really wouldn't mind if you'd fix up the table behavior anyway. I
promise. :)
-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Welch [mailto:art_w@EASTPOINT.COM]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 4:20 PM
To: 'fop-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Whither block-container

Great news... well kinda... I found out why block-container did not appear
to be working. It seems that I had neglected to update the stylehseet link -
so the stylesheet it was using was the old one that did not have the
<fo:block-container> element as a child of <fo:table-cell>. Doh!

Anyhow this also addresses my table problem for now since
BlockContainer.layout() always returns Status.OK, so no cell overflow, so no
row overflow, so no infinite loop.

Of course, consistent with block-container not being on the supported list,
it does not appear to be finished. Basically it just lays out it's children
and returns Status.OK.

I think that for now I am going to have my people use block-container as a
work-around for now. Hopefully if anyone modifies this behavior in
block-container they will also add support for block-progression-dimension
(either here or in table-row).

Sorry to trouble you with this,
Art