From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Next Release
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:10:54 GMT
Karen and other XT folks, could you look at this?

Alex, what OS, JDK, and classpath do you have? And what's up with the
charming-underclothes signature? :)

I get two warnings, but it compiles fine on Linux, Blackdown JDK 1.2.2RC4.

1. /home/gears/xml-fop/build/src/org/apache/fop/dom/ElementImpl.java:117:
class org.apache.fop.dom.NodeListImpl is defined in NodeImpl.java. Because
it is used outside of its source file, it shoudl eb defined in a file called
"NodeListImpl.java"
2. Note: 4 files use or override a deprecated API. Recompile with
"-deprecation" for details.

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex McLintock [mailto:alexmc@my-deja.com]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:28 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Next Release

>From: COFFMAN Steven <SCoffman@CBSINC.com>
>Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:57:14 -0400
>
>Hey, have I read this right? Are there actually people doing testing
> of FOP and getting paid? That's wonderful!

Well I am getting paid and I am trying to build a version of fop from CVS
which does have the ZLib image compression in it so that I get 20K PDF files
instead of 2Mb ones...

However if I don't do it in the next couple of hours I will set a friendly
amateur on the problem.

Can anyone confirm whether the CVS source from approx 2pm GMT, Fri 13th
October builds?

I am getting javac errors which don't look like they are due to my bad
setup...

eg

/home/amclinto/projects/xml-fop/build/src/org/apache/fop/apps/PDFOutputHandl
er.java:25: Interface org.apache.fop.apps.OutputDocumentHandler of class
org.apache.fop.apps.PDFOutputHandler not found.
public class PDFOutputHandler extends XTFOTreeBuilder implements
OutputDocumentHandler {

Alex

www.DiverseBooks.com www.zz9.org www.charming-underclothes.org.uk
www.SFLink.net www.inversity.co.uk