From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Printing to Postscript
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:45:08 GMT
The 1.21 PDFRenderer was the final fix, but there was an additional problem
earlier. I believe I committed the fix for the earlier problem, but I can't
recall where it was.

Documents were viewable in Acrobat, but not in Ghostview. We didn't realize
that the printing was related. Gah... I can't remember where the patch is.
I'm not in a place where I can ssh into locus and do a better search for
you. I hope that helps until I get back.

Wasn't it in PDFDocument or something? that doesn't sound right though...
-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Giue, Attilio [mailto:agiue@PaineWebber.com]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 11:07 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Printing to Postscript

I'm having troube printing to a postscript printer with fop_0_13_0 and JDK
1.1.6.

I realize that this is fixed in fop_0_14_0, but, unfortutately fop_0_14_0
does not seem to work wtih JDK1.1.6.  (For instance it uses the Vector
method add(Object) which wasn't added, as far as I can tell, until JDK1.2).

I've applied the changes for the PDFRenderer.java up until version 1.21,
which states in it's comments that it fixes printing to postscript printers.
This didn't work.

Does anyone know if there any other specific patches/versions of files that
I should apply/use in order to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time,

Attilio