From Fedor Karpelevitch <fe...@simpata.com>
Subject RE: HTML -> FO ? RTF -> FO (Also a gig proposal)
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 18:04:58 GMT
> From: Vijay Christopher [mailto:VijayC@ExpressAction.com]

> I'm looking for almost the same thing.
>
> I have a PDF template, that needs to be filled out and sent
> to clients etc.
>
> We are trying to come up with an XSL template and some XML
> which together
> should give the FOP, then on to PDF and mailed to client.

Similar here. What I've done is I simply made an image of the form
(screenshot. good thing here is that if you only have a hard copy it also
works for you) and put it as a background on the form. So I only need to
arrange the dynamic content. This way I save a lot of time but two big
problems are: quality & size of the PDF (quite big).

> I am also looking for the reverse process, PDF to FOP to XSL
> and XML. This
> way I can process the PDF from the client and extract
> information out into
> an XML file.
>
> I was looking at border.fo, If you come across the XSL and XML used to
> generate border.fo, please do let me know.

I'll sent you the samples I was working with.