From Steve Aaker <saa...@Sasco.com>
Subject FW: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:53:51 GMT

Under the section Page Numbering: The country attribute is discussed right
b4 the reference Cross-Reference. Looks like some garbage in that
surrounding area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 7:58 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
Subject: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated

I'm happy to announce that I've posted a completely updated version
of Chapter 15 of the XML Bible, XSL Formatting Objects, at Cafe con
Leche:

http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible/updates/15.html

This is the complete chapter, approximately 70 pages with many full examples
of XSL-FO. Everything should be up-to-date with the March 27, 2000
Last Call working draft of the XSL-FO specification and FOP 0.14.0.
To the best of my knowledge, this is the only comprehensive tutorial
covering the current version of XSL-FO.

Doubtless there are some errors since I was breaking new ground here
and had to work from an incomplete and sometimes contradictory spec
document, as well as using unfinished pre-alpha software. Since this
is more-or-less what's going to go into the second edition of the XML
Bible, as well as likely being the primary source for many new users
learning XSL-FO, I'd very much appreciate it if you can inform me of
any mistakes you spot so I can fix them.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |