From Vijay Christopher <Vij...@ExpressAction.com>
Subject RE: HTML -> FO ? RTF -> FO (Also a gig proposal)
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 18:55:20 GMT
Hi Fedor,

Thanks for the sample files... and the work around you suggested. If
everything else fails I'll have to do that.

The Idea here is to generate all the XML and XSL files for the first round
of PDF docs.

Right now I'm learning XSL (fo), trying to figure out how it all fits
together.

As soon as I put the thing together, I'll send you my files.

Warm Regards,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Fedor Karpelevitch [mailto:fedor@simpata.com]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 11:05 AM
To: 'fop-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: HTML -> FO ? RTF -> FO (Also a gig proposal)

> From: Vijay Christopher [mailto:VijayC@ExpressAction.com]

> I'm looking for almost the same thing.
>
> I have a PDF template, that needs to be filled out and sent
> to clients etc.
>
> We are trying to come up with an XSL template and some XML
> which together
> should give the FOP, then on to PDF and mailed to client.

Similar here. What I've done is I simply made an image of the form
(screenshot. good thing here is that if you only have a hard copy it also
works for you) and put it as a background on the form. So I only need to
arrange the dynamic content. This way I save a lot of time but two big
problems are: quality & size of the PDF (quite big).

> I am also looking for the reverse process, PDF to FOP to XSL
> and XML. This
> way I can process the PDF from the client and extract
> information out into
> an XML file.
>
> I was looking at border.fo, If you come across the XSL and XML used to
> generate border.fo, please do let me know.

I'll sent you the samples I was working with.