From Stephan Albers <Stephan.Alb...@jcatalog.com>
Subject Re: XSL, why another language?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:38:30 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi schrieb:
> Very good point, but perl is not available on all platforms :)
>
> Hmmm, does anybody know of a Perl implementation in Java? :)

This is, as far as I know, the best overview about JVM/Java-based
implementations of other languages:
  http://grunge.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html

I contains a link to a Java-based Perl implementation:
  http://www.ebb.org/perljvm/

This is from their documentation:
"Currently, only a small subset of Perl is support on the JVM. However,
perljvm is under active development. Thus, please
expect frequent releases and support being added for new features all
the time. A public CVS server should be available very
shortly from GNU."

Stephan