From Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca
Subject Re: Docbook and FOP
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:46:57 GMT
Quoting Christian Geisert <Christian.Geisert@isu-gmbh.de>:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > So far I got it to work only with the simplest examples and I noted that
> > the most striking problem is the extensive use of the <fo:inline>
> > formatting object which is not recognized by FOP (because it's not
> > implemented).
>
> Strange, fo:inline is implemented, the properties color and
> font-family/size/style should work.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I spoke too soon. I realized that myself late last
night after looking at "extensive.fo", where <fo:inline> is used quite a bit.

Point being, it wasn't being recognized when Stefano ran it, which was _his_
problem. :-) In any case, his overall arguments about FOP are pretty much on
the mark.

Arved

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/