From "Alex McLintock" <ale...@my-deja.com>
Subject Re: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:42:38 GMT

>FOP still need an absolute URL, but there's an exception : for
> file URLs, it can be relative.

Has anyone tried faking a URLConnection class so that you can persuade FOP to get an image
out of memory rather than off a http URL?

I am generating some images and including them in a FOP generated PDF file using such a fake
URLConnection class. Unfortunately the image at the moment is of class "Image" which seems
to be uncompressed and the PDF file is around 2Mb because of it.

If I can do this with an uncompressed Image I should be able to do the same thing with a GIF.
Surely if I supply FOP with a GIF it wont uncompress it before putting it into the PDF file
will it?

I hope that wasn't too confusing...)

Alex

www.DiverseBooks.com www.zz9.org www.charming-underclothes.org.uk