From "Eric SCHAEFFER" <eschaef...@posterconseil.com>
Subject Re: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:52:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex McLintock" <alexmc@my-deja.com>
To: <fop-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: XSL Formatting Objects Chapter Updated

> >FOP still need an absolute URL, but there's an exception : for
> > file URLs, it can be relative.
>
> Has anyone tried faking a URLConnection class so that you can persuade FOP
to get an image out of memory rather than off a http URL?

Can you send me your code ?

> I am generating some images and including them in a FOP generated PDF file
using such a fake URLConnection class. Unfortunately the image at the moment
is of class "Image" which seems to be uncompressed and the PDF file is
around 2Mb because of it.

> If I can do this with an uncompressed Image I should be able to do the
same thing with a GIF. Surely if I supply FOP with a GIF it wont uncompress
it before putting it into the PDF file will it?

All images are uncompressed, because compression is different in PDF.
But they are compressed again, using ZLib algo.

The only difference there can be is that images are converted to RGB color
space.

Eric.