From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject region-name/multiple flow support
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:31:56 GMT
Hey,

The recent batch of commits may be retrieved as the branch
'fop-0_14_0_regions'. This is experimental code, more so than for most of what
we have, so I want to leave it there until people have played with it, and then
we can merge into the main branch.

I had the CVS connection go down twice while tagging, but I hope things are OK.
Please let me know.

There are three new example files in 'docs/examples/pagination', and a bunch of
test files that generate errors in 'docs/examples/pagination/errors'. These
files represent my best understanding of what the spec says about the
'region-name' and 'flow-name' properties. There is a Readme-type file in the
'errors' directory also.

When running existing files (I regression tested with runtests.sh) you may see
warnings if you have a region in a simple-page-master that maps to no
static-content or flow.

My reading of the spec indicates that page sequences may contain multiple
fo:flows. I believe that the BNF in Section 6.4.5 is a typo. The code duly
allows multiple fo:flows.

Feedback welcome.

Arved

 --