ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Horn, Julian C" <julian.c.h...@intel.com>
Subject What version of node.js does Ripple require?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:26:09 GMT
What version of node and npm does Ripple require nowadays?
The README just says node and npm are required, but it doesn't say anything about versions.

There are some known compatibility issues between modules used by Ripple and newer versions
of node.
Specifically, jsdom is pegged to version 0.6.x (0.6.5) in the package.json and this doesn't
work with node 0.11.x.
You get this error when you run "jake test":

RangeError: The normalization form should be one of NFC, NFD, NFKC, NFKD.

See https://github.com/tmpvar/jsdom/issues/769 for more details.

Also, Ripple's package.json contains version references using the caret notation.
This means older versions of npm don't work.
If you install the pre-built installer for node 0.10.5, you get npm version 1.2.18 and it
doesn't do carets.
This means the configure script will fail unless you explicitly update your npm version.

I got node versions 0.11.15 and 0.12.0 to work, after I upgraded the jsdom version from 0.6.x
to 3.0.1 in the package.json.
Is there any reason I shouldn't upstream this change?