ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram N (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Ripple release 0.9.28 (Attempt 2)
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:48:36 GMT
Given the -1 vote on this thread, this vote should be stopped. We will prepare another package,
and start the vote (attempt 3) for this now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) [mailto:Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:01 PM
To: dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Vote] Ripple release 0.9.28 (Attempt 2)

As a general rule lint problems should not block a release. In fact bugs should not block
a release (unless critical). Document them as "known issues" in the release so folks know
they will be fixed in the future.

It's very hard to get a release out that satisfies all non-critical items like docs and lint
results.

Generally a "-1" means "I don't support this because... and I will take action to fix that
problem". So, for example, when I cast my -1 made the necessary changes in version control
at the same time. Since it is a critical issue (and I'm a mentor not a committer) I decided
not to roll a new release.

For non-critical issues I care about I would vote -1, provide the changes *and* a new release
artifact for the community to consider. Otherwise the community would be free to reject the
-1 (releases cannot be vetoed, they require at least 3 +1's and more +1 then -1).

Ross