From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Building js2 with tests?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:24:32 GMT
I'm trying to figure out just how much the pluto DI changes I'm
working on will break js2... so far

mvn clean install

seems to work, much to my surprise, but if I enable tests I get stuck
on some db tests.  I looked around briefly but didn't find any
instructions.

What's the secret?

So far I've added this to the root pom properties:

<
org
.apache
.jetspeed.test.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver>
     <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>jdbc:derby:${pom.basedir}/
target/testdb;create=true</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>
     <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user></
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user>
     <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password></
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password>

and get errors like this:

Caused by: ERROR 42X05: Table/View 'CAPABILITY' does not exist.
         at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
         at
org
.apache
.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.bindTableDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
         at
org
.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.bindNonVTITables(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromList.bindTables(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode.bindNonVTITables(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bindTables(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bind(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CursorNode.bindStatement(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown
Source)
         at
org
.apache
.derby
.impl
.sql
.conn
.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown
Source)
         ... 98 more
Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 8, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.81
sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Tests in error:
   firstTestSetup(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testCapability(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testNewMimeType(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testNewCapability(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testNewMediaType(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testNewClient(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   testCapabilityRepeat(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)
   lastTestTeardown(org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability)

thanks
david jencks