From "Smith, Nathan" <nsm...@ahbelo.com>
Subject Jetspeed 2.2.0
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 21:01:25 GMT
I'm getting the following error when I try to create my own Jetspeed2 portal and portal app.
 I'm not quite sure what's causing the issue.  It worked when I created the jetexpress example,
but the j2-admin failed once I tried creating my own.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>From jetspeed.log:

ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine - org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'portalURLValve' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/pipelines.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean 'NavigationalStateComponent' while setting constructor argument;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'NavigationalStateComponent' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/portal-url-generation.xml]:
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException:
Could not instantiate bean class [org.apache.jetspeed.container.state.impl.JetspeedNavigationalStateComponent]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.jetspeed.request.RequestContextComponent' defined
in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference
to bean 'org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.PortletRegistry' while setting constructor
argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.PortletRegistry' defined
in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/registry.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'portletRegistryImpl' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'portletRegistryImpl' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/registry.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletpreferences.PortletPreferencesProvider'
while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletpreferences.PortletPreferencesProvider'
defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/registry.xml]: Cannot resolve reference
to bean 'org.apache.pluto.services.PreferencesService' while setting bean property 'target';
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'org.apache.pluto.services.PreferencesService' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/assembly/registry.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'portletFactory' while
setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'portletFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/registry.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint
violation: loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) previously
initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/portlet/PreferencesValidator"
2009-12-01 13:43:10,217 [main] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet - Jetspeed:
init() failed:

Regards,

Nathan Smith