From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Building js2 with tests?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:44:46 GMT
Hi David,

David Jencks wrote:
> So, after a lot of problems including finding that having jetspeed
> 2.2-SNAPSHOT artifacts in my local repo causes the db init to fail, I
> got the tests to run here.
I don't understand what you mean by having jetspeed artifacts in your local repo causes the
db init to fail.
Can you elaborate?

> I find 3 test failures, at least one of which goes away when the module
> is run by itself:
>
>  find . -name *Test*.txt |xargs grep FAILURE
> ./components/jetspeed-page-manager/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache.txt:Tests

> run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.617 sec <<<
> FAILURE!
> ./components/jetspeed-page-manager/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache.txt:testDatabasePageManagerCache(org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache)

> Time elapsed: 4.614 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> ./components/jetspeed-portal/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletApplicationManager.txt:Tests

> run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.992 sec <<<
> FAILURE!
> ./components/jetspeed-portal/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletApplicationManager.txt:testPortletApplicationManager(org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletApplicationManager)

> Time elapsed: 3.987 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> ./components/jetspeed-security/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.security.TestRdbmsPolicyFolder.txt:Tests

> run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.54 sec <<<
> FAILURE!

I just did a clean update to the latest trunk revision (892796) and executed the following
from the src root:
$cp jetspeed-mvn-settings-sample.xml jetspeed-mvn-settings.xml
$mvn clean install
$mvn -o jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=test-install

This also failed on me with an error on TestDatabasePageManagerCache, but not the TestPortletApplicationManager:

$find . -name *Test*.txt |xargs grep FAILURE
./components/jetspeed-page-manager/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache.txt:Tests
run: 1,
Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.987 sec <<< FAILURE!
./components/jetspeed-page-manager/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache.txt:testDatabasePageManagerCache(org.apache.jetspeed.page.cache.TestDatabasePageManagerCache)

  Time elapsed: 3.89 sec  <<< FAILURE!

When I run the same again but modify the jetspeed-mvn-settings.xml to use a PostgreSQL (8.3)
database, all tests are successful.

We'll look into the TestDatabasePageManagerCache issue shortly.

For the time being, could you try to test again with either a PostgreSQL or MySQL database?

As reference, my PostgreSQL test settings are as follows (you'll need to setup a schema for
a j2t user of course):

   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name>postgresql</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.groupId>postgresql</org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.groupId>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.artifactId>postgresql</org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.artifactId>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.version>8.3-603.jdbc3</org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.driver.version>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver>org.postgresql.Driver</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/pg</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user>j2t</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password>j2t</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password>

For MySQL something like the following should work:

   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>mysql</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.groupId>mysql</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.groupId>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.artifactId>mysql-connector-java</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.artifactId>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.version>5.1.6</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.driver.version>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>
     <![CDATA[jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/jetspeed?useServerPrepStmts=false&amp;jdbcCompliantTruncation=false]]>
   </org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user>j2t</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user>
   <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password>j2t</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password>

> I get the same errors with normal pluto and my locally patched pluto
> with fairly extensive DI changes.
>

> Is this a good enough compatibility test that I can go ahead and commit
> my pluto changes without disrupting jetspeed too much?
If you want I can quickly test a patch of your changes, or if you can validate once more against
either MySQL or PostgreSQL that would be
good enough for me too.

AFAIK so far the changes you've committed already were restricted to the portal-driver(-impl)
area only.
Jetspeed doesn't use the portal-driver(-impl) at all, so those changes didn't affect jetspeed.

One thing to keep in mind however is that pluto 2.0.0 has been validated against the JSR-286
TCK and IMO major changes like these need to be
TCK tested again. Note: the TCK tests does use/require the portal-driver...

So far, I've been running the JSR-286 TCK tests, but I haven't yet done against your previous
changes.
I'm willing to run the TCK again either after you committed your changes or using a patch,
or otherwise discuss with you how you could run
the TCK yourself.

Regards,

Ate