From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject On the current strong validation during PA deployment
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:37:10 GMT
Hi there,

During testing RPAD with some useful PAs from jp.sf.pal repository, I found that the current
deployment component failed to deploy a PA because the descriptor of the PA does not have
any namespace uri definition with the following exceptions:

java.io.IOException: unexpected element (uri:"", local:"portlet-app"). Expected elements are
<{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd}portlet-app>,<{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd}portlet-app>

The portlet.xml is like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app id="charttest" version="1.0">
<snip/>
</portlet-app>

It's because PortletAppDescriptorServiceImpl of pluto-2.0 used by Jetspeed-2.2 is using strong
validation with JAXB. I think that's fair for pluto-2.0.
However, how about having another option to ignore this kind of validation errors in Jetspeed-2.2?
(Also, I think this option should be the default.) It will help using the existing Portlet
1.0 based PAs.

To do this, with the new (default) option, I think we need to override the PortletAppDescriptorService
for JetspeedDescriptorService without throwing exception instantly on validation error, while
leaving the validation warnings in log files. (See javadoc of javax.xml.bind.Unmarshaller
for detail examples.)

What do you think?

Regards,

Woonsan