From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: site build
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 08:16:06 GMT

Hi David,

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, David Sean Taylor <d.taylor@onehippo.com> wrote:

> From: David Sean Taylor <d.taylor@onehippo.com>
> Subject: Re: site build
> To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>
> Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:57 AM
>
> On Apr 27, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Woonsan Ko <woon_san@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The problem seems to be a known issue. See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-18.
> >> The issue was fixed in doxia-tools-1.0.
> >> However, I found that the current
> maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6 used doxia 1.0-alpha-10 in my
> environment.
> >> Would somebody point out how to set doxia version
> in the site plugin?
> >
> > There is a 2.0 release of maven-site-plugin which uses
> doxia 1.0. You
> > can specify the following in the root pom:
> >
> >  <build>
> >    <plugins>
> >      <plugin>

> <artifactId>maven-site-plugin</artifactId>
> >
> <version>2.0</version>
> >      </plugin>
> >    </plugins>
> >  </build>
>
> That worked, thanks Niels. Now Im having more fun. My
> external menu items are being written from:
>
>     <links>
>       <item name="Applications" href="http://portals.apache.org/applications/"
/>

> <a
> href="../../../applications/">Applications</a>
>
> I would really prefer that Maven would not do that and
> leave the links as is. Anyone ever see that before?

Yes, I saw it before when I built the website in the Jetspeed-2.2 trunk.
I found that if I commented out the 'url' element in the pom.xml then the url replacement
like that did not happen any more.
You can still see the url element commented out in the pom.xml for this reason.
By the way, according to Maven Site Plugin's FAQ, that kind of feature was designed. [1]
However, a configuration option to enable/disable the feature has not been supported yet.
[2]

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.html#Why_do_my_absolute_links_get_translated_into_relative_links
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-159

Woonsan