From "Mohan Kannapareddy" <kmoh....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Getting Jetspeed to work with GlassFish 2
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:44:43 GMT
Hello John,
 I did some testing of J2 (2.1.3) on GlassFish a awhile back, it will deploy
fine. But I believe you have
 to adapt the J2 security model to GF security model (basically write a JAAS
provider), IIRC. I have
 not looked at it in a while though. Cheers

 Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: John Platts [mailto:john_platts@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 1:23 PM
To: jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org
Subject: Getting Jetspeed to work with GlassFish 2

GlassFish 2 is a Java EE 5 application server. It supports JACC
authentication and JDBC DataSource management.

GlassFish 2 does not use the context.xml file that is used by Tomcat 5.5.

GlassFish 2 supports version 2.5 of the Servlet API.

In GlassFish, JNDI DataSources are managed via the GlassFish administration
console.

GlassFish supports having different security realms and supports JAAS
authentication modules.

In GlassFish, WARs are deployed to the
<GLASSFISH_HOME>/domains/domain1/autodeploy directory, instead of the
<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps directory in Tomcat 5.5, and the deployed
applications are located at
<GLASSFISH_HOME>/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/<application
context>.

How can a WAR be copied from the
<GLASSFISH_HOME>/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/jetspeed/WEB-INF/
deploy directory to the <GLASSFISH_HOME>/domains/domain1/autodeploy
directory once the necessary processing is done?

Do I need to make any additional modifications to get Jetspeed working on
Glassfish 2?