From csev <c...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Embeddable Pluto 2.0 container for Jetspeed-2
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 02:19:30 GMT

On Feb 15, 2008, at 8:24 AM, Ate Douma wrote:

> It is not our intention to make it much harder than that for sure,
> but with the many enhancements for JSR-286 some changes will indeed
> be needed at your side too for upgrading to Pluto 2.0

I fully expect this - I just want to make it clear that I am also
completely happy if the SPI needs further changes to meet Jetspeed's
needs.  Put another way - if getting Sakai to 2.0 is a little harder
because the SPI changed to meet Jetspeed 2's needs - this will not
make me unhappy.  On the contrary - it will make me quite *happy* -
because the more folks that consume the SPI - the better the SPI
becomes.  SPIs are not like APIs - they tend to have to grow and
adjust to new, unimagined use cases almost all the time.

> We'll do our best to maintain as much of the current integration
> support, just make it possible and easier to also integrate on the
> level we need for Jetspeed.
> Any insight and opinion you might have on that while we lay out our
> plans will be much appreciated!

Thanks - I will be lurking like always and offer help when I can.

/Chuck