From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [RT] Spring Configuation
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:39:50 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ate Douma schrieb:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> I searched a little bit but didn't find similar solutions yet (but I'll
>>> continue searching). In the meantime I looked at the namespace handling
>>> stuff in Spring again, and it seems that's impossible to implement
>>> conditional bean definitions with a namespace. The only working way
>>> would be to wrap each bean definition with a condition, like
>>>
>>> <bean name="general-db-service".../>
>>> <cond:if test="o.a.jetspeed.db = hqsldb">
>>>    <bean name="...."/>
>>> </cond>
>>> <cond:if test="o.a.jetspeed.db = hqsldb">
>>>    <bean name="...."/>
>>> </cond>
>>> <cond:if test="o.a.jetspeed.db = derby">
>>>    <bean name="...."/>
>>> </cond>
>>>
>> I looked into the Spring (2.5) custom NamespaceHandler feature this
>> evening and I think it actually should be possible to wrap a bean
>> definition, including with its own namespace handling, with a custom
>> namespace.
>> In a custom BeanDefinitionParser handling the condition logic you can
>> "delegate" back parsing a nested bean definition as top level bean using
>> the passed on ParserContext its BeanDefinitonParserDelegate.
> As far as I know, you can wrap exactly one bean definition with one
> element. So this rules out, wrapping several bean definitions at once
> and it also rules out creating a nice xml syntax (like
> <cond:choose><cond:when>...). Wile the second one is not that important
> I think the first one is really annoying.
AFAIK both should be possible.
The root level condition element has full control over parsing its own sub elements (and registering
zero or more beans from it).
And for sub elements which don't belong to its own namespace (like a <cond:when> which
it can/should handle itself) it can delegate parsing those one by one to
the ParserDelegate, thereby also supporting other namespaces.