From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating a Jetspeed plugin for Geronimo
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:45:45 GMT
Greetings,

I'm trying to create Jetspeed plugin(s) for Geronimo. The aim is to
allow users to have a Jetspeed portal over Geronimo and the ability to
deploy portlet apps to this portal. I am sending this to the
jetspeed-dev list so that we can work together towards in fixing any
gaps, if any, and achieve this.

The work I have done so far is in Geronimo sandbox
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/jetspeed-integration

Thus far, I have been working with the jetspeed artifacts in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/portals/jetspeed-2/ . But I
realize that they are outdated, given the 2.2-SNAPSHOT in trunk.

I kinda followed the steps outlined here for Tomcat and Derby database
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/JetSpeedConfig

1. I first installed the common jars in G.
2. Then I created a JetspeedDB database and JetspeedDS datasource and
populated it with tables from the 6 sql scripts (phase1, phase2,
phase3obj, prefs, registry, security).
3. I wrapped the jetspeed-2.0.war (outdated) in a Geronimo plugin and
deployed it on G.

The war seems to deploy and start fine. At runtime, when I hit
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed, I get a Error 500
UnableToBuildCapabilityMapException: We were unable to build a
capability map for the agent Mozilla/4.0.  This might be an
indiciation that the capability database has not been correctly
initialized.

Questions:
1. Am I on the right track in getting this portal running on G ?

2. The DEFAULT_AGENT is Mozilla/4.0. Why is it not recognizing my
userAgent Mozilla/5.0 ?

3. How do I build jetspeed.war from trunk (using maven2) ?

Thanx
Prasad