From "laurent4x" <lauren...@hotmail.com>
Subject Starting point for newbie
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:13:19 GMT

Hi ! Sorry I don't know if this is the right place to post,

I posted a first question on jetspeed-user  list

I come to this list for the developers side because my ultimate goal (after
I achieve step 1 : having JS running on Glassfish) is to

Integrate it with some custom full JEE app I'm working on who will use
JetSpeed  for a whole part of his duties.

So my question here is : can someone be kind enough to give a digest  about
where to start from . ?

Because , hum the documentation of the project is useful for those who are
already used to work with jetspeed.

Beginners are left a little puzzled.

So I am !

If you could give me the hints about what should be done and in which order
to allow me to :

-run JS on Glassfish.

-set my Eclipse or Netbeans project

 So I can code my app and its integration with jetspeed

thanks

PS : this is the mail I post on the jetspeed -user list

**********************
Simply the goal is to be able to make the jetspeed-2 demo (a set of 5 war )
run on glassfish.

Why ? because I heed to show this my company to convince them to start a new
project on glassfish. But the write once run everywhere is quite a little
painful.

Is there somebody who knows how to move some war archives from Tomcat 5x to
Glassfish ? If you could just point me to the path to follow I will do the
job myself no problem, I just need some hints on what to do because I'm
completely lost
I've tried a lot of thing by myself without success including the foolish
migration tool provided by sun (Migration Tool command throw exception
saying insufficient disk space
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6307190 the bug state is
"State Closed, will not be fixed"

I tried a lot but my knowledge is not sufficient, any help will be really
appreciated.
Or do I have to try to build from source ? ( I didn't try because it will be
much more painful I think because of all dependancies and so on...)

Thanks