From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Spring Configuation
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:26:39 GMT
Just sitting in Ate's and David's presentation about Jetspeed I had the
feeling that the stuff you did for Spring configurations (like
overriding etc.) is similar to something we did in the Cocoon project.

We have there a Spring configurator which is absolutely independent of
Cocoon and provides support for property handling (we call settings),
overwriting of configurations, automatic configuration etc.

See here for some documentation:
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1304_1_1.html

Now, although the project is current hosted at Cocoon it has a much more
common nature. This is just an idea out of my head, but perhaps we could
work on a common configurator which is then used by several projects at
Apache? This would make the live of users perhaps a little bit easier as
they can apply the configuration knowledge for several projects.

This does not imply that I want to force Jetspeed to use our Cocoon
stuff, of course.

WDYT?

PS: Don't expect an answer from me in the next three weeks as I'm on
vacation, but I wanted to throw this in now :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org