From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Config Mode and read-only preferences
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:25:56 GMT

On Jul 3, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Lucio Savino wrote:

> Hi all,
> this is my problem:
> I'd like to use portlets preferences to customize more istances of
> the same portlet, but I would like to use the same preferences for
> all user. This is possible using read-only portlets preferences
> that can managed by the administrator through the config mode.
> I know that jetspeed doesn't support this mode.
> Can anybody suggest me how to use read-only preferences, or however
> how to customize the different instances of the same portlet?

It sounds like the same request as https://issues.apache.org/jira/
browse/JS2-634
Default portlet preferences are stored in the registry
You can edit the default preferences with the Registry API, such as

portlet = registry.getPortletDefinitionByUniqueName("demo::HelloWorld");

Then you could for example iterate over the default prefs:

         Iterator itr = portlet.getPreferenceSet().get
("myPreference").getValues();