From "Steve Milek" <s.mi...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: The J2 deskop...
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:03:42 GMT
In src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml, the path /desktop is mapped to the
JetspeedServlet (org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet). In
src/webapp/WEB-INF/assembly/pipelines.xml, for bean id 'pipeline-map',
/desktop is mapped to the 'desktop-pipeline' bean. The 'desktop-pipeline'
bean is defined in the same file (
src/webapp/WEB-INF/assembly/pipelines.xml ).

So, for a request to select the desktop pipeline, the webapp context in the
url must be immediately followed by
"/desktop". So, for the default webapp context "jetspeed", start j2o with
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/desktop.

-----Original Message-----
From: Team Vit [mailto:team.vit@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 12:55 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: The J2 deskop...

Hi all,

First of all let me congratulate the developers on the new j2 desktop.
I really like what you guys have achieved by ajaxifiying the current
interface.

Anyway ...i am eager to start experimenting with the new desktop and modify
it for  my projects's requirements. Question is where do i start?. I am
familiar with the Jetspeed pipeline..however i can not figure out how the
alternative pipeline (/desktop/) gets initiated.

i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Team Vit