From Evangelos Vlachogiannis <evl...@aegean.gr>
Subject Re: Portal Accessibility - implementation issues
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:46:31 GMT
David,
Thanks for the great help. It worked by modifying JetspeedPortletURL
(having modified portlet decorator). Now on action submit the user is
directed to same portlet which I find it great for both usability /
accessibility in portals context.

thnx a lot,
Vangelis

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am working on applying some accessibility guidelines / techniques I
>> have concluded from research (Portal Accessibility Guidelines
>> Extensions: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/page/ ) to
>> jetspeed2. I plan to evaluate them and if people is interested, also
>> contribute. Towards that, my first problem:
>>
>> I would like for each jetspeed action submitted, the page returned to
>> directly point the user to the portlet from which the action was
>> submitted.
>> Here is my attempt: In portlet decorator I added an id that I can
>> point directly to the content of the portlet. I need a url rewrite to
>> add at the end the anchor id (/../url#myportletid). Is it the
>> ProfileValveImpl class I should modify?
>>
>> If yes, I actually need 2 things:
>> 1. the portlet id that has sent the request
>> 2. a way to append that # at the end of the url
>> Any help please?
>>
>> If no, please advice...
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Vangelis
>>
> Portlet Actions URLs are created either with the Portlet Java API, or
> with the Portlet Tag library. The actual generation of the URL is
> delegating from Pluto back to Jetspeed services. I would start looking
> at org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl package. There are several
> navigational state encoders there.
>
> To get the portlet (entity) id to the URL, get it from the PortletWindow
>  like:
>
> window.getPortletEntity().getId();
>
> You can then add it as a request parameter from there
>
> Not sure where the best place to encode a "constant" parameter such as
> this one to the URLs. Im thinking maybe:
>
> JetspeedPortletURL.toString()
>
> call the super first (from Pluto)

Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - University of the Aegean