From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Portal Accessibility - implementation issues
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:55:16 GMT
Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am working on applying some accessibility guidelines / techniques I
> have concluded from research (Portal Accessibility Guidelines
> Extensions: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/page/ ) to
> jetspeed2. I plan to evaluate them and if people is interested, also
> contribute. Towards that, my first problem:
>
> I would like for each jetspeed action submitted, the page returned to
> directly point the user to the portlet from which the action was submitted.
> Here is my attempt: In portlet decorator I added an id that I can point
> directly to the content of the portlet. I need a url rewrite to add at
> the end the anchor id (/../url#myportletid). Is it the ProfileValveImpl
> class I should modify?
>
> If yes, I actually need 2 things:
> 1. the portlet id that has sent the request
> 2. a way to append that # at the end of the url
> Any help please?
>
> If no, please advice...
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Vangelis

Portlet Actions URLs are created either with the Portlet Java API, or
with the Portlet Tag library. The actual generation of the URL is
delegating from Pluto back to Jetspeed services. I would start looking
at org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl package. There are several
navigational state encoders there.

To get the portlet (entity) id to the URL, get it from the PortletWindow
  like:

window.getPortletEntity().getId();

You can then add it as a request parameter from there

Not sure where the best place to encode a "constant" parameter such as
this one to the URLs. Im thinking maybe:

JetspeedPortletURL.toString()

call the super first (from Pluto)