From "Mark McCullough" <bustedmag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security Question
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:03:45 GMT
I modified server.xml to use the other database for authentication. That
works fine except roles are missing. If you look in the catalina log it says
'Username xxxx successfully authenticated', but I get Access For View not
permitted. This is because the role isn't being picked up properly.
To fix this, I added a column in my username/password table to hold the
roles, and manually inserted roles into there for each user but I still get
the error. Is the portal somehow trying to pick up roles from the jetspeed
DB even though I specifically defined in the server.xml where to look?