From "Aaron Evans" <aaronmev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: psml prefs
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:10:03 GMT
Ah, now I am remembering the problems I had with this.   I believe
there is another interesting twist to it (at least in 2.0):

The PSML prefs will remain in the live prefs collection and *not* get
persisted to the DB if you don't specify a value for the pref in
portlet.xml.  That is how I got around this problem when I was playing
around with this stuff.

Example, I have a portlet called ContentByPreferencePortlet and I
control what page is displayed using a preference in the PSML called
"ViewPage".   If I *don't* define the pref in portlet.xml, then I can
have multiple PSML frags (with different IDs) with the value
configured differently.  No pref values for that preference get stored
in the DB at all.  Note that I have them marked as read only in the
PSML but I don't think that makes a difference in terms of the non DB
persistence.

Anyway, maybe that will give more of a hint as to what's going on.
And to anyone with a 2.0 release, that's the workaround.

-aaron