From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed LDAP
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:01:29 GMT
Eivinn Hustveit wrote:
>     From:       eivinn@fortiden.com
>     Subject:     Jetspeed2 LDAP
>     Date:     8 March 2006 4:41:50 PM
>     To:       jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org
>
> Hi,
>
> We are currently trying to merge our Jetspeed2-M3 server over to
> Jetspeed2.0-Final and OpenLDAP. Currently we have gotten Jetspeed to
> use user authentication through LDAP.
>
> -----
> javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65  -
> object class 'jetspeed-2-group' requires attribute 'uniqueMember'];
> remaining name 'uid=ldap_eivinn,ou=groups'
> -----

The above error messages indicates that your LDAP server always wants
at least one member in a group. You've tried to create and empty group
hence the message. In believe the jetspeed-2-group objectclass inherits
this definition from the core groupOfUniqueNames objectclass so you have
2 solutions:
- either follow the schema and always have at least 1 member in a given
group
- modify the core OpenLDAP schema and change the groupOfUniqueNames
definition in your core.schema to:

objectclass ( 2.5.6.17 NAME 'groupOfUniqueNames'
        DESC 'RFC2256: a group of unique names (DN and Unique Identifier)'
        SUP top STRUCTURAL
        MUST ( cn )
        MAY ( uniqueMember $ businessCategory $ seeAlso $ owner $ ou $ o $
description ) )

(ie move the uniqueMember attribute from MUST to MAY)

After restarting your LDAP server, everything should work.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/