From "Sven Thiergen" <s.thier...@itcampus.de>
Subject AW: About Portal web application Single Sign On
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:33:15 GMT

Ate Douma wrote:
> It depends on the browser!
> Mozilla/Firebird will reuse the same session as session state (.e.g.
cookies)
> is shared between the browser windows.
> IE will *not* reuse the same session.
I think it *depends*.
If you have a session running in IE and open another window with Ctrl+N, the
new window shares its session with the old window. Same applies to windows
opened via JavaScript. If you open a new window via double-click on your
desktop's iexplorer icon you get a true new session.