From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: Cache problem
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 05:23:07 GMT
Juan,

This is not an error of yours, but rather a problem with the Velocity
webapp resource loader.

As with PSML, we attempt to instruct Velocity to reload cached templates
and macros every 10 seconds. While this configuration used to work well
with the file loader, this is apparently not supported by the webapp
loader. Fortunately, I had previously implemented Velocity engine
caching that IS sensitive to changes in the macros definition file,
(yes, every 10 seconds). This is why decorator macro edits are picked up
but templates are not. So, all that is needed now is for me to extend
the checking of this logic to cover the templates. I believe I can
accomplish this easily by simply checking the modification time of the
decorator directory itself.

Randy