From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: Concurrent user problem
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:02:30 GMT
Balaji,

There have been reports of this and similar issues cropping up as of
late. Just to clarify:

1. Do the problems persist if some time, (say 10 seconds), elapses
between the different user requests of the same page?
2. Will new user sessions continue to exhibit the odd behavior?
3. Do the issues ever clear themselves up or is a Tomcat/Container
restart required?
4. Is the PSML changing for these pages?
5. Are you using the latest from SVN HEAD or a earlier binary version?

Thanks for helping out,,,

Randy

Balaji Chandrasekaran wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>I have an application containing 5 portlets. I have personalized these
>portlets to different users. For example if user1 logs in he will be
>having different content in the portlets. If user2 logs in he will see
>different content in these portlets. The problem I have is with
>concurrent users accessing the application. If both user1, user2 access
>the application at the same time, I am getting some unusual behavior in
>the way the portlet is rendered. For instance if the user1 changes the
>portlet content it is also reflecting for user2.
>

>If the user decides to go to another portlet before the first portlet
>gets a change to render itself, the second page does render but the
>first portlet gets rendered below the second portlet as well. This is
>also a problem when there are multiple users.
>
>Hope I conveyed my problem. For better understanding please look at the
>link below and that was my exact problem.
>
>http://www.gridlab.org/pipermail/gridsphere-dev/2005-February/002578.htm
>

>Please reply as soon as possible. It is very urgent.
>

>Thanks in advance.
>

>Regards,
>
>Balaji Chandrasekaran

>This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.