From Vladimir Simjanoski <vladimir.simjano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation on security
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 22:58:22 GMT
Hi Randy!

On 5/10/05, Randy Watler <watler@wispertel.net> wrote:

> Vladimir,
>
> Thanks for the input... comments inline:
>
> >I know that all of you are working hard on your goals, but can you tell
> me
> >more about your
> >plans for improving (finishing?) the security documentation. I'm sure
> >there're plenty of
> >us developers who'd appreciate very much if they have some know-how to
> jump
> >quckly on it.
> >
> Exactly what aspect of security are you referring to... login
> authentication, user roles/groups, PSML constraints
> and/or permissions?

I'd like to know all the possibilities that Jetspeed2 offers in the security
area.
Right now, I'm particularly interested in overriding the default login
authentication,
but couldn't find time to take a detailed look...

>Are there any plans to implement some portlets that enable user
> >customization
> >(choosing between layouts, adding/removing portlets from page...).
> Perhaps
> >I'm missing them :)
> >
> David Taylor is working on these when he can, so, yes there are plans :-).

Glad to hear that. Are there any plans for the next milestone?

>Just by looking at the mailing list I can see that Jetspeed2 covers a lot
> of
> >technologies.
> >The main reason everyone is not recognizing that this is an excellent
> >framework is the
> >missing entry-level documentation.
> >
> Again, thanks for the feedback. Interesting in contributing your
> experiences to the Wiki?

Yes, absolutely. I'm planning to spend more time with Jetspeed2
in the months to come, so I'm sure I'll have something to share with the
others.

Randy