From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed 1.6
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:18:17 GMT
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>> jonathan.hawkins@hawkinsweb.co.uk wrote:
>>
>>> Tried running maven db.fusion.create and got this
>>>
>>> C:\eclipse3.0.1\workspace\jakarta-jetspeed\fusion>maven db.fusion.create
>>>  __  __
>>

>> Sorry about that -- I checked in a fix. cvs update and try again...
>>

> FYI, I've tried to compile Jetspeed 1.6 with jdk 1.5 source type 1.5 and
> encountered many errors.
> I've fixed most of the trivial ones (like enum, etc...) but it seems
> there's an API change in java.lang.Thread that impacts jetspeed
> RunnableThread implementation.
>
> I'm trying to fix this issue asap and if it works correctly without
> breaking 1.4 support I'll commit the fixes before wrapping Jetspeed 1.6
> so that it can be compiled with jdk1.5

I've committed all changes related to JDK 1.5.
I had to change a signature in RunnableThread since there's a conflict
with the JDK 1.5 Thread API.

As far as I could see, the method I changed was not used currently in
jetspeed so it shouldn't affect anything, but there's a small chance
that existing customer code depends on the previous
RunnableThread.getId() method, which will break when running on JDK < 1.5

David, is there already a release note file I can update to document the
change ?

The current CVS code now compiles with JDK 1.5 and runs on
Tomcat 5.5.7/JDK 1.5. (not fully tested Fusion yet).

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/