From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:23:09 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:

>>> done

> tomorrow, hopefully...

Do you want us to test Fusion from CVS and test a pre-build binary ?

> done

I'll have some free cycles tomorow evening to review documentation and
possibly fix some small issues as I find them.

>>> I'd like to propose deleting:
>>>
>>> 1. the entire build directory
>>>

>> -0. I don't how many people use maven vs ant to build jetspeed 1 so
>> this  may have a huge impact on our current user base. I think we
>> should ask
>> on the user mailing-list before doing something like this.
>>
> It doesn't build anymore, try it
> Someone needs to step and fix it (doubtful)
>
> I don't see the point in keeping it around if no one uses it
> You can type
>
> maven ant
>
> to generate an ant build anyway

I'm using maven too since J2 requires it :)
If it doesn't build any more I'm +1 to remove it unless someone steps in
and wants to fix it. Better to ship no alternate build method than a
broken one.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/